Friday, July 20, 2012

Got a Job.......Now I have to turn it down :(

Hi All,

If you been following my little blog, you know that I am looking for a teaching position. Well I went to an interview and was offered the job. It was for 5th grade.  Although I wasn't too excited about 5th grade, I accepted the challenge. Nothing against 5th grade students, but I just fell in love working with primary this yr :).

I went to pick up my contract and benefits packet yesterday, and as I was going over the information and kid you not the insurance contributions were ridiculous. HMO Family health insurance was wait for it................................... a whopping $580.00 a pay period! seriously, never ever seen anything like that.  Thats over a 1,000 a month that I will have to pay nearly 12,000 a yr, which in essence would have me taken a huge pay cut.....

God is good though, and I know I'll be blessed with the perfect job for me, honestly didn't feel it in my spirit when I was offered the position.

So the job search continues..........

6 comments:

  1. You are right about insurance! It is ridiculous. We have almost $700 a month for my husband alone! Crazy! Crazy!

    I hope you are able to find the teaching job that is right for you soon!

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek! I am so sorry! That is crazy high. Are you sure the pay period they refer to isn't a MONTH instead of two weeks? In some schools, they break the checks into two a month but it's considered one period.

    I am sure by now you called benefits to discuss. Please post an update when you can. In NJ, I know we are all paying more this year with a new law. I'm under my husband's insurance and declines my district's coverage so I can't look up info for you. (And I'm away or I'd reach for his last paystub.)

    I am hoping it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa!!!!!! Thank you for your thoughtful comments, and taking time to share. The contract states1100 plus a month, and 500 plus bi weekly for employee contribution, I couldn't believe the cost, totally outrageous!

      Delete
    2. Eek! So sorry! Really, how can they expect employees to make a decent living? I really hope you are able to find the perfect job for you soon. Hugs!

      Delete
  3. That is crazy! I was offered several positions before God led me to where He needed me. I did not accept my first job until around this time. I know you will end up where you are needed. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete